Friday, September 30, 2011

my story


I started life as an artist and ran into Don Dunstan an ex State Premier very early in my carreer. Don took over our Indigenous estate, suppressed our ID and proceeded to fund the arts and the Universities with Indigenous money that he ripped off of the Ngarrindjeri (we were actually forced out of business by corrupted lawyers and organized crime). I was forced onto the streets and worked in the f...ringe as an artist for decades; as a musician, visual artist, pottery maker and jewellery maker, until I worked my way back into the system via the University. The one we funded (uniSA) hahaha :) Miracle after miracle sustained me and kept me alive whilst I had contracts put on me by the developers and those stake holders associated to the developments of the stolen Ngarrindjeri lands (in the dreaming) We are still struggling against this critically wounded and dying beast but unbelievably we are making progress and in the process the perceptions of Indigenous knowledge (lore) exposed in the dreaming is assisting the state to develop a socially sustainable economy. What should we do? Deny the dreaming and lore and let them mess up the environment completely or continue on with extreme adversity? Do we even have a choice? Arrogance, greed, corruption, crime, stupidity, violence and pride tend to dominate the agendas; is that why we have crashing economies, famines emerging, water-soil issues, a failing world environment and the unsustainable uses of resources? Make up your own minds on that?

No comments:

Post a Comment