Friday, July 27, 2012

More of the Story:Fascists in the System

More of the story and letters to my employers
email 19 July 2012 8.46 am
Mari Yerta is described as a men's and youth group. Mari Yerta is an Aboriginal corporation that is being funded as a part of the Native Title agreements and Government/company grants etc. This brings up a legal point as to equal opportunity for gender benefits to be fair.
I need to do some work today to enter another slide or two into the lecture to cover gender issues. Primarily the problems that might occur at Mari Yerta are clearly their problems and the staff and students should not be implicated into determinations of lore/law. I will make the gender information fair and equitable including men's and woman's business and I will site examples as to how woman are very much a part of Aboriginal economy in all tradition(for instance the woman did a very tough job with fire stick farming and indeed they were equal to the men when gathering resources and thus in that tradition it is my opinion that they should receive equal shares in any equity such as work, training, employment and education).
Stan could you please share this with Michelle as I don't have Michelle's email and could yo remind her that I need access to the forum. I presume I will get an email today.
I will do some work on the gender thing and suggest that we let the corporation work out the issues in lore/law. Let me know if you want to meet to discuss this in more detail.
Regards
Kym Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment