Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dropped Into the State Records Office; Nothing Has Changed

Hello minister Caica and to your office.

Due to my circumstances within the tertiary system, my employment and my future studies there are matters of concern for me that relates to inconsistencies within the State data base. It appears that the census data base conflicts with the State records relating to the Indigenous status of persons and that has and is causing issues of problem and conflict for our family. If the State records data base is in fact inconclusive it might be argued that the Australian Government Native Title legislation that is conjoined to those records could be brought into question as to its functionality and viability. My personal experience as an Indigenous person related to this matter of Indigenous Identity has caused us grievous harm and damages that spans decades. I am keen to progress with this matter in a positive way to create legal parameters and understandings that might assist the State and our family to reconcile this matter. I have written to the office of minister Michael O'brien in brief and in good faith and I will proceed with my work as I can do best under these circumstances. Employment or a lack of due to our involvement into this matter has caused great losses to my family and we are alleging that criminal forces implicated to various associated issues of corruption have damaged us, spanning decades of abuse.

Regards
Kym Maxwell

From: Maxwell, Kym Thomas - maxkt001
Sent: Thursday, 21 June 2012 9:04 AM
To: Winslow, Laura (DPC)
Cc: minag@sa.gov.au
Subject: RE: Tracing Family History
Hi Laura and minister Michael O'brien
In regards to the loss of Indigenous records associated to my great grandmother Olive Alma Caire and the photograph that I hold showing Alma as a member of the Fisc Jubilee singers in the early 1900s.
I have had a similar response before but that does not satisfy my requirements as there are issues associated to this matter that require further investigations as your data base is obviously not conclusive. To be separated from our lands and heritage by the destruction of our history and ID is paramount to the attempted genocide of our family. It is unfortunate that the State Government has not managed our affairs and records in a way that did not cause myself and my family grievous harm spanning decades. There are obviously problems associated to the law/lore and the existing State history and the existing records (family trees) In my dreaming (Indigenous Knowledge) I understand that there are many issues of problem and including problems of environmental damage to my country because we (My family) and our country has been abused by intruders to our lands. It appears that those who have been managing the caring for country have failed within their duty of care. This is just the tip of the iceberg; in my dreaming there are grievous and wicked problems yet to fully emerge and this relates to further damages to the country that have been exposed in our dreaming. This has all stemmed from an initial corruption of State records and one could say that this situation has been abused by the legal fraternity and indeed has caused a curse upon our land. When I have looked into this matter further and collated all of my evidence and my story I will contact the minister who oversees the department and explain why I am concerned as to what has occurred and the associated criminality that has accompanied the cover up of our families Indigenous identity. Via various methods of consultation and cooperation, advice given from State legal services, I have made progress with this matter but I am still not satisfied as to how my family is being treated and discriminated against due to the circumstances I have described. Thankyou for confirming that State records has failed within their duty of care for certain Indigenous peoples.

Regards
Kym Maxwell

From: Winslow, Laura (DPC) [Winslow.Laura@dpc.sa.gov.au]
Sent: Thursday, 21 June 2012 4:55 AM
To: Maxwell, Kym Thomas - maxkt001
Subject: Tracing Family History
Our Reference: SR11/00277
Document No: D12/03923
Dear Kym,      
In reply to your visit to State Records on the 21st June, 2012 and request for family history information in relation to your Great Grandmother: Alma Duffy (nee Caire) and Grandmother: Kathleen Arthur (nee Duffy) and Mother: June Maxwell (nee Arthur).      
I have conducted a name search for all three ladies on the Aboriginal Information Management System (AIMS) database and did not find any record entries for any of the above-named person(s).
Therefore, I am unable to assist you in this matter.
Yours sincerely,
 
 
Laura Winslow
RESEARCH OFFICER ABORIGINAL ACCESS
State Records
 

1 comment:

  1. I just started desktop researching here online and also started a public www.ancestry.com.au database on your family tree & history that I've been able to see so far here online and that came up with a Hint for a,
    "Australia Birth Index, 1788-1922 about Alma Caire
    Name: Alma Caire
    Birth Date: 24 Jan 1884
    Mother's Name: Jane Caire
    Birth Place: Adelaide
    Registration Place: Adelaide, South Australia
    Page Number: 349
    Volume Number: 320"

    ReplyDelete